Post Lien Recommended Steps
Conducting a Post Lien Search is of the greatest importance for double checking to make sure the filing is on record and indexed correctly.
What is it?
Search of filing offices’ UCC records after your UCC has been recorded.
Why do it?
1.Confirms states’ index is correct
2. Verifies lien position relative to other creditors
3. Closes gap between pre-funding UCC search and your UCC filing, if performed
The three types of Post Lien Searches often performed:
- Exact legal name- state standard search logic
- Unperfected lien/seriously misleading if doesn’t show up
- Can reveal name variations
Filing Number Verification
- Search on UCC filing number only to see how it’s indexed, not a search on the debtor name
Effortlessly search for UCCs, retrieve copies and submit UCCs for filing. (Read More)
Request your widespread, multi-jurisdictional searches through Capitol Lien. (Read More)
Real Estate Research
Capitol Lien retrieves and verifies property information to provide the highest level of integrity. (Read More)
NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE LEGAL, ACCOUNTING OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS SUCH.